From:
Lisa Olscamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:38:29 -0400
Hello all!

Have any of you ever had a ferret who seems to suddenly become too
aggressive in certain situations?  Our alpha male is normally very gentle.
He is 2 1/2 and has only bitten once on purpose when we first brought him
home as a kit.  When it comes to getting treats, he gets downright nasty,
and they get them daily throughout the day.  It is not like he is deprived
of them.  If nothing else we probably give them too many!  He is worse when
you try to give him on while he is in the cage.  If you do not hold it at
the end of your fingers he will bite them trying to grab the snack quickly.
Our others you can place them ever so gently right into their mouths.  He
is normally gentle like that outside of the cage, but still does at times
get carried away there as well.

Any suggestions or thoughts?  We have been trying to reprimand him.
Believe it or not I don't remember ever having to punish him like this.
His worst habit was always just forgetting where the litter box is when
they are out of the cage.  Any and all input would be appreciated!

=====
Lisa
Trickster (Stinky), Pepper and Mitsy