From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:22:23 EDT
Just a heads up...
I will still get the ferret art out to the post office.  But I will not
be able to chit chat via E-mail for a while.

I just received word that a friend has cancer and needs help after
surgery.  So I am volunteered for two days of 7 hours each to clean the
house, run errands, be good company, and cook, in addition to visiting
in the hospital.

This is right after a surprise hit me this noon.  I got a call, and drove
over to Palatine to meet with someone who is an acquaintance from church.
I now have a teeny ferret in my care.  There is something very wrong with
it.  It is so weak, it will not move.  The woman said it was running and
playing all day and that is why it just lays there.  But I have never put
a ferret down in a room it has never been in and just had it lay there.

She said the ferret was fine, but that her son got it without her
permission, and he does not take care of it, and it smells.

I am syringe feeding it.  She is grinding her teeth, and does not really
seem to want any food.  so I am dribbling Bob C.  food every few hours
and will continue doing so until emergency vet tonight..

Please forgive me if I do not return e-mails for a few weeks other than
for the ferret art.  I will get that out as soon as Kat says to.  And I
thank those of you who are also concerned about the horrendous conditions
in Florida for helping the ferrets and shelter operators.

I already have an 11 hour work day tomorrow, Mom to care for, all the wee
ones to care for, etc.

If it is a near emergency that you reach me...please put this on your
e-mail heading.

Thanks to all.

Say a little prayer for this little one that she might live.  They
thought it was a boy, but it is a tiny girl.  I think she is starving.

Lisette