From:
Debbie Linko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:47:06 -0400
Hi:

I'm new on this list but I found something that I thought you would
appreciate, especially if you've ever lost a little fuzzy (or monster as
I call them) like I have.  You will find tears of sorrow and joy...

[Moderator's note: I guess the full text hasn't appeared here for a
while, so let's allow it this time.  BIG]

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

 "I'll make a path to the Rainbow's end..."
 Stevie Nicks & Sandy Stewart "Seven Wonders"

There is a bridge connecting heaven and earth.  It is called the rainbow
bridge, because of its many colors.  Just this side of the rainbow bridge,
there is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys with lush green grass.

Whenever a beloved pet dies, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge.  There is
always food and water and warm spring weather so all our special friends
can run and play together.  All the animals who had become ill and old are
restored to health and vigor; those who are hurt or maimed are made whole
and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times
gone by.

There is only one thing missing.  They are not with their special person who
loved them on earth and who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops
playing and looks up.  The nose twitches, the ears come up, the bright eyes
are intent, the body quivers.  Then this one suddenly runs from the group,
flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,
you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.  The happy
kisses rain upon your face; your hands caress the beloved head, and you look
once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life
but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the RAINBOW BRIDGE together....never again to be separated.

 Author Unknown

mailto:[log in to unmask]