From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:15:52 -0500
As a shelter Mom, ferret Mom, human Mom, etc., I have a few words to
share and a few thanks I would like to express before a New Year starts:

First of all THANK YOU BIG for this list and READERS for wanting to know
more about those pets you adore!

To all the kind folks who have sent words of support, encouragement &
even donations over the past year.  2002 was not a kind year at Ferret
Wise - It helps more than you can know, just knowing there are folks who
back the long hours of work which bring heartbreaking and heart warming
work here at Ferret Wise shelter!

Thank you to Lin MIller - and all the volunteers , contributors and folks
who have helped to complete the first panel of the ADV Quilt Project ,
which we hope will bring more education and support for research against
ADV.

A VERY special thanks to Kat Parsons who ,as we speak, is creating the
ADV Quilt pages for all to access ( I just seem to run out of time !). :)
We look forward to building panel 2 & 3 and hope for completion prior to
the 2003 International Ferret Symposium.  More ADV fund raising projects
are in the works- a wonderful Afghan the Maori Moonshine Memorial afghan
crafted by Mom to Moonshine, Danee Devore will be announced soon- drawing
is scheduled for the AFA Show in March - York PA- you will want to travel
for the afghan I promise!  Kat will have the pic and informations
available soon ( as soon as I get it to her!)

Thank you to all the foster grandparents of permanent shelter ferrets
everywhere (especially here) for w/o the help of you the costs to provide
ongoing health care & necessary care would be insurmountable.  It is the
kindness and generosity of the community at large which allows the ferret
community to continue NO - Kill sheltering!

Thanks to the folks at The Ferret Store for continuing to carry the
"Ferret Wise Fun House" tent!  I am busily shipping off more -- and the
shelter ferrets will stay well fed & warm due to this venture ( even
though I am sleeping quite a bit less :) )!

Thanks to the kind publications which allow us to reach more folks and
educate the community at large by submitting our articles - for here, I
personally feel, the MOST good we can all do is through education!  We
look forward to assisting more in 2003 with education for the good of
the domesticated companion ferret, with supplying information for better
lawmaking for ferrets everywhere , and by providing the rehab care for
our cruelty case residents which find their way to our door!!

Without the community - there would certainly be less opportunities for
us to share!

Thanks for the organizations which share information for better education
amongst humans & ferrets!  Everyone has a unique talent which they can
share - and by doing so and gathering numbers we make life better for the
ferrets and those who adore them.

May the Health, Happiness, Peace, Prosperity & Love of the New Year touch
each & everyone of you!

Alicia Drakiotes
a friend of ferrets!