From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 1995 13:28:13 EDT
> From:    william killian <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Rudy's comments
> A strong argument for shelter ferrets is the economic one.   $100 to
> $200 at a pet store or $50 at the shelter.  We try to price ferrets out
> of the disposable range but well within the reach of almost everybody.
>
> We are almost unlimited in how many ferrets we would be willing to take
> in. Okay if a couple thousand ferrets were 'turned in' to us we'd call

    I agree here.  We have not turned down many adoptions either.  But we
also have had the same ferret/s come back time and time again.  We
encourge people to bring ferrets back if they don't work out for any
reason at all.  I'm glad to see alot of shelters posting here lately.  I
would like it though if a shelter or a member of a shelter posts to
please leave at least the state you posted from.  Unless of course your
in a FFZ.  I am a long time member of the Brevard Ferret Lovers Rescue,
Melbourne Florida.  Oh and by the we've got a very large influx of
ferrets lately.  Has any other shelter seen this in the last few weeks?
Usualy it's the months after Christmass or the fall when college starts
that gets us, (Feb.  March, September and October) It seems these are the
times when people realize that cute and fuzzy guy is realy a hand full
and have no clue on how to train them.  Or high school kids that can't
bring them to college and parrents that don't want to cleaan up after
them.  :-(

> From:    Greg Hastings <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Raw Potatoes

        My ferrets love raw potatoes.  They seldom eat much of them but
I do find furry 1/4 eaten potatoes hidden from time to time.  I guess
they're more of a toy than a snack.  When am I going to learn Potatoes
belong in the upper cabinets not the lower ones. :-) Silly me.

> From:    Todd & Andi Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Remember the pet shop biter? PRESENTING...TIFFANY!

> We had a really rough first week, but we've been making alot of progress
> ever since...
> Now if only we could get her to understand litter pans ...

    Great news.  My little biter Tasha is alot like Tiffany.  With one
exception.  She knows a littler box.  If I'm home she is the most
consitent of the bunch.  But when I give them free rome of the house
while asleep or away she's a @#$%&*@.  I know it's her to because she is
the only female.  Very easy to tell male poo from female poo.  But I love
her most of the time.  :-) I also believe that out of my bunch of misfits
Tasha is the smarter or at least mischievous of the bunch.  One thing I
do realy like is she is the only one that will stop what they are doing
and come when called.  99.999% of the time.  That's a first in my book.
Pluss she's only had the name of Tasha for three or four months.  She
didn't have a real name except a few four letter words before the shelter
picked her up.

    Well I hope you all have a great work week, if there is such a thing.
Take care all.

        Brad and the gang