From:
tootsdon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 11:02:55 -0400
It is with a VERY saddened heart that I write to let those know who
remember my gentle giant, Bear, who was the albino that I used to write
about on the FML.  Bear was the ferret who used to "talk".  He would
actually express verbally if he was happy or sad and just chatter on!  I
have NEVER in my life heard another ferret talk like him.  When he ate,
you would hear just how happy he was with his "happy noises", especially
when he got chicken gravy or baby food and especially heavy cream.  He
would express how mad he was at the vets, all the way into the door of
the building and in the exam room.  He would actually make the noise of a
real yawn.  He would actually make grunt noises when having a bowel
movement.  When I spoke to him while holding him, he would "talk back".
He was amazing and people were amazed by him and loved him.  I never got
a good enough video of him to send in to AFV or APV.  I do have some
video of him and a LOT of recording of his talking while eating, thank
God.  I wish I got a recording of his yawning.  You would have to hear
it to believe it.  I miss hearing him at night now.  I used to hear him
stretch and yawn, use his water bottle, grunt.  I was always in tune to
especially him.  It was such a comfort to hear him.

He was a fighter and fought insolinoma for over 3 1/2 years, heart
disease, lung disease secondary to heart disease and adrenal disease.
He had hind leg weakness for a couple years and did not want to use the
Tazzie wheels, Lois Caselman so kindly sent us (they have been passed on
to my sister for one of her ferrets).  He had always preffered to get
around on his own, which he did just fine on carpeting.

Bear went to Rainbow Bridge July 9th and has joined his brother Foxy who
passed in May and cagemate Sammy who had passed in June.  All were just
over 6 years old.  Foxy had Lymphoma.  Sammy had Lymphosarcoma.  This has
been a very hard year so far.  I also lost Bandit 2 and Fila last month.
(I lost my 18 year old cat Sonny 2 weeks ago to kidney failure).

I have decided after all my ferrets are gone, I will no longer own
ferrets,(same with my cats) but I will contribute to ferret shelters.
I cannot stand the pain of loving them so much and then losing them.

May all of you that have sick ones find healing for them.  May all of you
that have lost babies find peace and comfort.  I am so sorry for those of
you that have lost ferrets, my sincere condolences to all of you.

Eleanor Mead