From:
Feste Bear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 05:19:15 -0800
Dear Flower and Sadie,

I cannot say I am a ferret expert, or have had mine for long, but there are
alot of other animals in our household and I can tell you how they interact.

When the ferrets were brought home, there were 6 fully grown cats (5 male
fixed, one female not).  The cats sniffed them and were curious, as were the
ferrets.  The only biting that ever happened was once the ferrets came to
think of the cats as playmates.  The (I assume) usual grabbing onto skin and
trying to drag insued, and the cats now bolt when they see a ferret.  Three
dogs were also her, (male fixed ---> 8 mos), (female n/ fixed ---> 2 yrs),
(male n/fixed 8 weeks).  The male fixed is a very tender loving animal and
gets along with everyone fine, and did also with the ferrets (minus whelping
when bitten).  The female (A pure dalmation) is aggressive and nipped a bit
at the ferrets.  We still dont let her alone with them, but I can forsee it
being possible at some point.  As for the puppy, all three of them are the
best of friends.  He has someone his own size to romp with.  He scratches at
their cage and whines when they are not out.  It's really cute to watch them
play together.  None of them ever bite hard enough to hurt the others, and
its obvious (to me anyway) that they all know the difference between playing
and hurting.

On a further note, last night we brought home two kittens (7 weeks), and I
introduced the ferrets to them this morning.  No intrest from either party.
No fear, just an indifference.  Our other cats reacted the worst.

I am new to ferrets, but have had alot of experience introducing cats and
dogs to eachother.  I have found that 99.9% of the time, they will end up
accepting eachother with the proper care and watchfullness of their
interactions.

I hope your pet(s) will read this to you guys,
Feste

Loki (Who says Im tame ????)
Pogo (I kill socks, does that count ?)
Feste( << Taping coke boxes together >> What an awesome idea !)