From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 14:21:08 -0500
Given the mentions that our community here is probably a good foundation for
a national or international organization perhaps folks should suggest
individuals they feel would be good to have on a constitutional design and
foci committee trying to decide just how to organize such a group.  Of
course, if some people nominated don't have time to be involved then their
names would be withdrawn.

This could be done without the nominators being known if folks would like
that better.  In that case, if there are not objections, I'll collect the
names submitted and post them here for any further changes such as names
accidently left off or not received due to any e-mail problems, or
withdrawals.  Rather than speak off the cuff could people, please, think for
a week about who has their respect in the ferret community.  Then those who
are willing to be involved in the organizational phase could let me know and
people could vote based upon ferret community biographies, unless the group
is small enough that they don't need to be whittled down at all.

That would take the project to the next phase of the above group ( after
careful work ) presenting the structure, goals, and methods to the FML
community for input.

Is this logical?  If there are objections to my collecting the committee
names and making them known for any revisions then whom would you prefer for
the task (assuming the person/people has (have) the time)?

Sukie

Oh, if I do wind up being the one to originally collect the names should
they be presented with numbers of nominations?  (My inclination at this
point is to not do so.)

PLEASE attach the e-mail address of each nominee with your submission so
that when all is compiled and corrected I can ask each if that person wants
to be involved.