From:
KatKuckens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 1998 19:24:05 EDT
Ok, I thought I understood this, but now that I have FOUR very different
looking weezils underfoot, I am really curious as to what they should be
called, color-wise.  Don't worry, I can definitely identify albinos,
dark-eyed-whites, and silvers.

Let's start with Becky, the standard, everyday, right out of the book sable.
A darkish sable, with a black nose, but a sable.

Now take that same sable, and give her a white bib, white toes, a tiny white
line on top of her head, a white face with a dark mask, huge silly pink
nose, and deaf, the rest of her dark sable -- now you have Velcro.  What
color is she?

Next, Megabyte, looks like a sable only slightly paler, white face with pale
mask, pink nose, the fluffiest fur I ever saw, almost a cinnamon tone on the
underfur.  Name of color?

Finally, Sassy, who I believe defines "chocolate," she is light to medium
brown all over ( not black like a sable) and has brown eye rings, not a
mask.

Any labels out there? Whatever their colors,  I love them all.  And I never
got to pick a ferret just for color -- they all found me by circuitous means.

Kat