From:
"Ronald L. Sims" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 00:00:52 -0800
Dooks from the Rev & fuzzy kingdom to all the brothers & sisters of the
FML.

Although it appears that Sukie is reacting harshly to posts knocking vets
& various other organizations, I must say that I agree with Sukie.  I
spent some time communicating with her, which allowed me to obtain more
insight into her point of view, and it also allowed me to expand the
information, which was sketchy, that I had posted in regards to losing a
total of 7 ferrets (6 jills at one time, 1 hob five days later).  I did
not give all of the information, as I believed that since I had done so a
number of years earlier, it was not necessary to give the same info again.
However, even that was not the point.  Sukie is trying to point out
(Sukie, correct me if I make a mess of this explanation) that flying off
the handle during a time of stress is not going to solve the problem at
hand.  Instead, using logic and keeping your emotions under control,
obtain all the information possible and list it in logical order.
Further, sometimes statements are made by those who are upset which will
hurt innocent people (I remember that many believed that Arabic Peoples
were responsible for the bombing of the Murry (Sp?) Federal Building in
Oklahoma City - It turned out to be an American).

I know how much it hurts to lose these precious creatures.  It hurts as
much as losing a beloved parent/spouse/child to death.  Therefore, what
Sukie is recommending is that before posting derogatory remarks, get a
much information as you are able, get second opinions from reputable
sources (such as another vet/School of Veterinary Medicine), and then if
the facts show just cause, pursue legal action.  I know that the one
hurting finds it difficult to follow this course of action (I know, when
my father was killed, I wanted to take the law into my own hands).  But do
remember this, that Veterinarians are human beings subject to error, just
like an Medical Doctor, a Nurse, a Minister, a Farmer, or a Laborer.
Allow time for prayer (or quiet time)and contemplation, and then act in a
reasonable and logical way.

I hope I haven't confused the issue.

Peace to all - Hug your Fuzzies, Spouse, Children, Parents, as you don't
know how long we will be together

Rev.Ronald L.  Sims, D.D.  & Family: 3 hooman-beans owned by 5 ferts, 5
canines, 4 felines, & 7 fish