Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 13:05:11 EDT
HI ALL!!!
I got a lot of letters from you all wanting to see the letter that the gov
of CA sent me.  I thought I would just post it here .

I just want to let everyone know that Im just trying to help our friends
in CA.  The first letter is the letter i wrote him and the second will be
his reply.  OK well thanks

-teresa

(THIS IS MY LETTER TO HIM). . .
I think you are terribly mistaken for your actions towards listing ferrets
as prohibited, wildlife, and dangerous even.  These beautiful creatures
are just that..beautiful!!  I could see if not many states had ferrets
legalized but all but 2 I believe (CA and another) have stated these
animals as safe creatures.

I wonder if you have any animals?  Imagine being punished for having
something that someone else doesnt want you to have!  That is down right
cruel what CA does to people and the ferrets if caught.

I dont live in CA -thank heavens!!  Im sure that the population of CA is
high right now but imagine all the people in the world that would love to
move there but can't because you dont allow their beloved pet(s).  Believe
me, you lose a lot!  Who would even consider coming there for a vacation if
there is so much discrimination against certain animals?

Do you think about that stuff?

In my state which is Mississippi, ferrets are spayed/neutered before sold
to the stores.  Would that be hard to do?

Rabies vaccines are sometimes reccomended, may not be necessary but are
reccomended.

Can 48 states be wrong on this issue?  Should ferret owners in this state
face confiscation of their pet, fines and even jail time for something
virtually everyone else in the country can do with impunity?  California
should decriminalize hundreds of thousands of people for owning a pet that
is considered the same as a cat or dog everywhere else.

Please respond to this letter, even to just say you received it.
Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

Teresa Chambers
20500 Pullen Rd.
Saucier, Ms 39574
iamrite [log in to unmask]

(THIS IS HIS LETTER)....

Thank you for your e-mail.

I greatly appreciate your keeping me informed on issues that are important
to you.  Your comments add to the information my Administration needs as
we strive to make California a better place in which to live and work.  If
your concerns fall under the jurisdiction of the state, your correspondence
will be forwarded to the appropriate agency or department for action.  To
ensure that your message receives the proper response, please be sure to
include your name and address when you communicate with my office and
please do not include attachments in your e-mail.  We do not accept or
respond to attachments.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts.  An informed and engaged
citizenry is essential to the democratic process.

Sincerely,
Governor Gray Davis