Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 16:33:50 EST
>From:    "Robert M. Walp" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferrets Need HOME Long Island NY
>
>Please help.
>
>I have two ferrets about 1 1/2 years old.  They have been together since
>the day they were born.  They are a lot of fun, and a barrel of laughs!
>
>Unfortunately I am being forced to move out of my home, at which time I
>must put my dog of 8 years to sleep as well as get rid of my little fuzzy
>butts.
>
>I am totally heart broken as you can imagine...not only about my little
>babes, but especially about my dog...
MY LORD!  Take the dog to a shelter!  Why on EARTH would you have to put
your dog to sleep just because your moving?  What, is it's life support
system attached to your house?  I can not tell you how MAD that kind of
attitude makes me!  I'm sure your dog would rather end up at a shelter and
get a new home with some one who would care for it than have you take it
to be put to death.  I bet they'd even have a volenteer come pick it up
when the heard what you intened to do to it.  Most shelters don't even ask
questions, just take your dog to one... HELL, I'd come pick it up if I
lived by you, so I'm sure someone else would.  Is there something I don't
understand about this situatuion?  perhaps- but from the way it sounds
you DO HAVE other choices!