From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:02:04 -0700
I just wanted to let everyone know that ping pong balls appear safe, but
they are not in my household.  Marley loves to chase them around but he
was eventually able to get it into a corner, crack it and I found chewed
up parts all over the place!  This happened when I had someone else ferret
sitting for me, and I did not even think about telling them this.  Please
do not give ping pong balls to your ferrets without supervision.
Fortunately, he did not swallow any of the pieces, but I can only imagine
what that sharp plastic could do to the insides.

Gosh, with everything I keep hearing and seeing, I am beginning to wonder
if anything is safe for ferrets.  I thought Kong toys were safe but Cleo
managed to chew a piece off the end.  Fortunately, I caught her in the
process.  Please be careful...with everything!

And I thought keeping nectarines out of reach was difficult!  Geesh!