Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2010 00:10:36 +0100
I wrote regarding a friend a few days ago. His name is Ivan Lopez and
he has a ferret, Willie, who desperately needs veterinary care. Ivan
inherited Willie and a jill from his sister when she died. Ivan is out
of work, has spent his savings on Willie a long time ago, and struggles
financially so can't take Willie to the vets. A few people emailed me
when they read my first post on the FML and things have got moving,
Linda Soule has already put money on Willie's account so Willie is
booked in for a check-up next Monday early morning. He has insulinoma
but there may be more going on as Willie appears to be in pain. We're
hoping to schedule some tests, bloods, maybe x-ray, and possibly
surgery and at least get Willie on pain medication. Ivan dotes on
Willie, if care alone could cure him, Willie would be healthy and live
forever. Ivan feeds him a/d every 4 to 6 hours, even through the night,
and has done so for the last year. Ivan can't bear the thought of
loosing Willie as part of his sister sort of lives on through him so
when he dies, it'll be like Ivan's loosing his sister all over again.
He doesn't want to put Willie to sleep without at least trying to help
him so that is why I wrote to the FML to see if people could help at
all so Willie can be helped. The vet where Willie is registered is
http://www.southkendall.com/ and people can put money straight on
Willie's account. If anybody can donate any money, if you could do it
before Monday so Ivan feels more comfortable about having tests done.
At the moment we don't know what can be afforded and what route to
take. If people want to see Willie, Ivan has sent me photos and videos
over the last year and I have put them online:

Spring/ summer 2009
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ferretlove.uk/Willie#

5th April 2010
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ferretlove.uk/WillieVideos05042010#

(the # needs to be part of the link, if it isn't, copy and paste the
whole link into the browser)

I am located in the UK but have to go to Germany Friday so I won't be
online Friday as I'm driving all day, and Sunday I probably won't be
online much as I'm continuing my travels.  But I should be reachable
at all other times.

I'm thanking everybody in advance for helping, Ivan is very moved by
the generosity and I am amazed, too.

Ulrike
--
http://www.ferretlove.co.uk/