Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 14:03:35 -0500
Hello again!

My first question to Dr. Williams was regarding the manner in which I am
giving Yoshi her Meds.  In ferretone.  He said that should be fine.  He
feels sure that Yoshi's ulcer was caused by Kizsi's Death.  (Yoshi was with
Kizsi when we found her.  Yoshi had her little head lying on Kizsi's little
body) He recommended that I stop giving the Amoxy because he does not feel
from the history I gave him that Yoshi has Heliobacter.  I am sure Dr.
Williams would want me to watch Yoshi carefully and re-evaluate as needed
and I will give all this info to Dr. Wiley.

My next question was regarding me allowing Yoshi to eat her own Kibble.  He
said that I could allow Yoshi to eat her kibble.  He did want me to try
Chicken Baby Food which he said would be best.  (Trying to force feed Yoshi
Duck Soup has stressed her something awful and we have now tried three
recipes.)  I ask him about Heavy Cream and he does not like heavy cream
because it may/could cause diarrhea.

Dr. Williams recommended that we get Yoshi another baby which is something
we wanted to do anyway.

Dr. Williams is extremely compassionate and he was very willing to listen.
If anyone on the board knows about anything this kind man needs or likes
please let me know.

I just recently read a post by Sukie Crandal that encouraged people to
listen to their own ferret knowledgable vet and I couldn't agree more.  I
presently do not have access to one in Bangor, Me that I am comfortable
with.  As you read this PLEASE keep in mind that Dr. Williams responses
were based on my conversation and the history I provided him with.  I
wouldn't want anyone to discontinue meds for Heliobacter(sp) and/or ulcers
based on this post.  I am sharing this because so many of you have written
with ideas, advice and support and wanted me to keep them posted.  Some of
that advice saved my Yoshi's life and I am grateful.

In Friendship,
Victoria (missing Kizsi and worried about my Yoshi)
My Critter Family <http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Farm/2610/>