From:
Serenity Ann Cromer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 11:08:39 -0500
I thought that this was pretty funny, but for those of us that have ferrets,
it is more than figurative :)

Serenity and the fuzzies

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
"Serenity now, insanity later"---Seinfeld

You've heard me use the expression, "How are the weasels treating you?"
Others around here at work have expressed some confusion.  What weasels?
What are they doing?  I offer these examples of the nature of the weasels
in everyone's life.

Example A -- Loading the dishwasher:

 1. Open the dishwasher.
 2. Take the weasel out.
 3. Put away clean dishes.
 4. Take the other weasel out.
 5. Rinse pots, and place in bottom rack.
 6. Reach WAAAAAY in, pluck the first weasel out of the standing water
    in back.
 7. Load the plates.
 8. Take both weasels out.
 9. Load the glasses.
10. Swear a lot, reach in, pluck BOTH weasels out of the standing water
    in back.
11. Load the bowls.
12. Take the first weasel out.
13. Load the soap dish.
14. Stop the second weasel from eating the soap.
15. Close the dishwasher and latch it.
16. Count the weasels.
17. Open the dishwasher, take out the first weasel.
18. Close the dishwasher and latch it again.
19. Count the weasels.
20. All weasels accounted for. Start the dishwasher.

Example B -- Making the bed:

 1. Get laundry basket containing fresh sheets.
 2. Evict weasels from nest therein.
 3. Spread out bottom sheet.
 4. Extract first weasel from under sheet.
 5. Smooth out first sheet, tuck it in.
 6. Pull toes away from playful weasel teeth under bed.
 7. Evict second weasel from laundry basket.
 8. Spread out top sheet.
 9. Remove first weasel from under top sheet.
10. Pry second weasel loose from ankle.
11. Obtain blanket.
12. Shake out weasel.

...etc. Until bed is made or psychosis sets in...

You may not have these exact weasels, but everyone seems to have some
metaphorical weasels in their lives.