From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:52:03 -0400
>>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Re: Raining Ferrets.
>>
>>Steve and Cheryl
>>You are overloaded at the shelter, why not remove this "drop off cage"
>>from outside and replace it with a sign that says FULL to capacity.

>You know, I really agreed with this poster a lot, and wish this message
>had NOT been posted anonymously.  I think this person made some
>excellent points, but the anonymous posting made it look as if the
>information might not be truthful, or as if the poster has something
>to hide. :-<

No, nothing to hide, I just was trying to avoid what you have done, which
is cross posting to other yahoo groups, what should have been left here
on the FML, I don't wish to take part in the various non productive
"dialogue" that has been transpiring every where, its not what's best
for this situation, it is accomplishing nothing.

The Reznicks have not taken part in any of these posts, except to jab and
stick, it's a shame, they need help, SOS and yourself are trying to find
a way to help them and they rather worry about who has cigarette ad
advertisers on their website.

You don't see 82+ ferrets posted on there site up for adoption, but daily
we have to see the ones that come in from a "drop off cage" that seems to
be outside the home or shelter where they reside, it's disturbing to me
and I bet to a lot of others.

I want to see this shelter recover, do the Reznicks want help?  have they
accepted the gracious offer from yourself and the SOS ?  have they firmed
up ANYTHING you have placed on the table?  have they called their vet to
get a price like you asked?  there are people out there willing and able
to help.  It seems they wont let help in, it seems they avoid anyone
showing up at the shelter personally.

I also think SOS or who ever helps them should keep in mind (if you
already haven't) there might be some ferrets there in need of medical
care, I think and assessment of the situation needs to be made first,
maybe ask the Shelter operators to allow you in to help decide where to
start to help them, (if they want help) or are they calling it quits?
I saw a disturbing part of a post today, at the bottom it read "we will
see more clearly because I am shutting down.  "

this does insinuate they might be closing the doors, and if this is in
deed what they have decided, do they have someone who will take over the
shelter at another location?  they leave very vague comments,

If closing down the shelter is what's taking place, what would really be
best at this point is, to get some people in there and start charts, and
get as much history possible on each shelter kid, this way IF a massive
rescue is going to happen the volunteers are better prepared to at least
have the names and histories if any, if they have had surgeries and what
not, why make this a rescue of demand, why not have it just be a shelter
closing lets get these kids a place to go?  I saw a shelter shut down a
few years ago, it was publicly announced, ALL the babies placed and the
shelter closed, no rescue needed.  If this has to happen it can happen
in an orderly fashion, such as that one did.

I know you want to know a name on a post, what is the difference?
getting a name and a home for so many ferrets is more important right
now.

Hopefully the efforts of all involved will be appreciated soon.  Cheryl
and Steve, if you can't keep the shelter open, that's not the worst thing
that can happen, you have done your best and now you might choose to
resign, I think we can all accept that, is this is the case then help
prepare for this, it does not have to happen in chaos, be a part of what
the future holds of the 82+ ferrets in your shelter.

BIG, Hopefully a lot of flames wont come into play here, that is NOT my
intention, nor will it help the efforts of those who are able and willing
to help get the ferrets to a place where someone will call out there
name.

[PD]