From:
Natasha Mohr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 04:00:46 -0700
Hi, Sandee.  Maybe this is unusual, since I know you usually just check on
the newcomers and report back to us :) but would you scout around for a
little one named Joey and let us know how he is?  He left us almost exactly
four years ago, on July 21, 1996, and he was only 7 months old then.  He
was an only ferret, our first, a sweet little sable, and he loved to play
chase with us.  He would leap out from a hiding place and come flying at me
(well, at my ankles <g>), mouth wide open and all four paws spread-eagled
like a flying squirrel.  It was quite a sight!  Please tell him I still
love him and miss him terribly even though he wasn't here that long, and
I hope he forgives us for our (then) ignorance when he got sick.  We know
now, of course, that we never should have given him that rubber toy he ate.
He should still be with us today, chasing us around the house.  He didn't
have to die.

Thank you, Sandee, for all you do!!

-Tasha, remembering my first baby on this sad anniversary