Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 01:13:41 -0000
Not to be insensitive, but I think that the risk of running into someone
with a strong ferret allergy is pretty small, whereas the risk of running
into someone with a strong cat allergy is very high.  In my "ferreting"
experience, I have only even heard of 4 people who had ferret allergies,
and on one of those occasions, the people found out it was something else
entirely.

While many people may choose not to do so, I fully support "smuggling" a
ferret for a valid reason, (such as getting it to its vet or saving it
from a potentially unsafe situation) and don't think that worrying about
peoples' potential or hypothetical allergies would ever factor in to my
decision-making process.

For what it's worth
Melissa