From:
Marsha Stanek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 1995 10:53:53 -0500
I think I would have to disagree with Mike about not using the FML as a
place for grieving.  When one loses someone they love, it is healthy to
discuss what you are feeling and share your loss, and what better forum than
the FML.  I have never been in to doing rituals after my pet has passed on,
but I see no harm in it if it helps the grieving person.  I have many caring
friends, probably more than most people - but there isn't a single one who
could understand the love we have for our ferrets.  Most of them can
understand grieving over a cat or a dog - but a weasel??  (I grieve and
become upset over road kill but that's another story!)

Anyway, if writing about the death helps, that is one more service the FML
performs.  The people on this mailing list are kind, helpful, empathetic,
and caring.  Maybe the HSUS is right - it does take a special person to be
owned by a ferret.

The bottom line is that nobody is forcing us to read anything on the FML.
The topics that are not of interest to me, I can skip right by - the beauty
of computers.