From:
tjohnso1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 1997 21:14:36 -0400
Hi everyone...have been away for a while, meanwhile my house gets smaller
and smaller as my personal animal kingdom increases.  I may have to start
giving away furniture to make room for my pets!

I'm writing because Santino, my 2 year old neutered male, has become ill.  I
recently aqquired a six week old kitten from a local petstore, and she
passed along an upper respitory infection to him (I had let them play
together a couple of times.) Santino was acting listless and not eating or
defecating normally, so I took him to the vet who gave diagnosed him.
Santino also had a temp of 105!  The vet gave him a shot of PPg (whatever
that is) and prescribed .4 cc Clavimox am and pm.  The kitten is also on
Clavimox.  She's hunky dory.

Additionally, when he walked, he seemed to be having a hard time with his
hindquarters.  He'd walk a few steps and would stumble or lay down and rest

That was Thursday night, and since then Santino's appetite has improved and
he's defecating more normally (I'm also giving him petromalt am and pm).  He
seems perkier, but although the spririt is willing, the flesh is weak--he's
still having a hard time with his hindquarters it even seems a little worse.

I have another appt.  to see the vet, but the vet admits that ferrets aren't
his forte'.  I'm wondering if Santino might have some sort of virus.  He's
so pitiful when he tries to run around normally.

If anyone can sleuth this out for me, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks and gratitude from Santino the Wonder Ferret and his human.