From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:58:27 -0800
A litter box story...
Linus, my three-year-old MF male ferret, has recently realized what the
litter box is for.  He has always used it inside the cage, but couldn't be
left unsupervised outside the cage unless I wanted to pick up many messes
just *right* next to the litter box.  W/i the past several weeks, though, he
abruptly figured it out.  Very strange.  I can't see what could possibly
have made the information click in his head, but suddenly he's 100% w/the
litter box outside the cage, in my bedroom, on *carpet*.  Very bizarre.
I've been working w/him for 1 1/2 years, and he'd been making absolutely no
progress until this recent turn of events.  I am wondering if aliens have
borrowed Linus my real ferret and have replaced him w/a poorly copied clone?
I also have noticed that of late he has less randomly placed black hairs on
his body then he has in the past...

Minta
(and Linus, Martin, Zooey & Leonard)