Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 13:00:10 -0500
Aside from the fact that my so and I just had an argument over how to spell
"holistic" (with a W?  Not?), I wanted to mention this...

Most vets I've come into contact with for my horse have been more than
willing to accept and even suggest alternative medical treatments.  Mostly,
this leans towards massage, accupressure, and physical therapy, but herbal
treatments and the like are also common in my barns and others.

Just thought it might be interesting info.  I don't know any large animal
vets who make a practice of seeing small animals, but I woudn't hesitate
to ask my horse vet, Casey, what she might suggest for the alterative
treatment of lil' animals.  I also have quite a collection of books and
resources (the lest of which is my mother) on the alternative treatment
of stuff by herbs and other stuff.....and I know of a couple of books
that are "natural ways to treat your dog/cat" that I'm interested in.

Laurel

"a complicated life has so many opportunities..." -Karen Finley