From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1993 18:43:24 -0500
I've had a little more time to edit the FAQ for new and prospective owners
and incorporate several helpful suggestions and additions.  There haven't
been any earth-shattering changes, but if you'd like the new version --
especially if you put it on a bulletin board or keep a copy on hand to give
to people or anything like that -- please let me know.  Also, if you'd like
me to send you a copy -whenever- it changes, tell me that too and I'll make
a mailing list.  Thanks!

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
Funny ferret story, included free of charge: Pixxel learned very quickly that
before we'd let her out of her cage, she had to use the litter pan -- or at
least go stand in it and act as though she'd considered using it.  One day
we discovered, upon finding her out of her cage when neither of us had opened
it, that she had also learned how to nose the sliding door open when we
neglected to lock it.  We wanted to see how she managed that, so we put her in
and closed the door.  Sure enough, sne nudged at it and clawed at it, and when
it wouldn't move she went and stood in her litter pan for a few seconds, then
tried again.  Sure enough, the door opened the second time, proving that using
a litter pan does, in fact, open cage doors!

- Pam