From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:37:11 -0400
>Thanks to all of you for the information on tattoos, and MF and Petco, and
>distribution centers.  I would hope that the MF distribution centers only
>allow MF ferrets.  If there is reason to believe that is not true, I would
>also find that interesting.

MF does NOT own distributors.  NOW I see where you are getting confused
on this aspect!  MF does some direct shipping but they also sell to
distributors which then sell them to small locations.  Some stores have
their own chain distribution centers, but most stores use independent
distributors -- private distribution businesses not owned by
breeders/farms.  Distributors are a middle step and NOT owned or operated
by the farms/breeders.