From:
Bobbi Hunsaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:41:13 -0400
Heather H.:
I visited your work place web-site.  Very nice place.  Then I visited the
shelter you volunteer at.  All those faces.  I cried.  It just kills me
that I can't get more (I have 12 now.  All were unwanted, some were
neglected and abused, got them all except my first boy, Bear, from ads
in the newspaper or from shelters in Cleveland and Michigan.  Bear was a
semi-permanent resident of a pet store.  He was adopted twice and brought
back twice.  I used to go in and visit him and play with him during my
lunch hour.  The second time he was brought back, I bought him.  I just
recently got my first kit, a male black sable.  Completely adorable.  He is
not your typical kit.  He NEVER has biten me and apparently thinks he's a
black labrador (dog), he loves to swim in the water dish.  The (very large)
cage has 4 water bottles and large ceramic dog bowls for food and water.
He climbs in and snorkels.  It's hysterical.  I actually found him sleeping
in it once.  I put water in the tub (which is loaded with children's tub
toys) and let the fun begin.  He's such a clown!  He was from a breeder
that also has a shelter.  Couldn't not look at the shelter babes, so I end
up bringing home 2 instead of 1.  Husband is getting used to this routine.
LOL The shelter boy was the biggest ferret I've ever seen.  Big ole' bull
dog head, weighs about 4-1/2 to 5 lbs.  Was told he had a bad habit that
was preventing him from being adopted.  Bad Habit??.....he likes to munch
on the crook of your arm when you hold him.  He doesn't break the skin but
I bruise kinda easy so at times I must look like an I.V. drug user.  Don't
care!  I adore him.  His name....what else?  Munch!  The name fit him
perfectly but the name also came from someone very special that passed onto
Rainbow Bridge that left a void that was so hard to bare.  He was a black
sable.  So now I have (kinda) his look-a-like and his name-sake.  I think
he'd be flattered that it took two ferrets to take his place.  :o) He was
some-kinda special.

Much luck with your precious threesome.  My moto: They are so much more fun
when there are more than just one!  Let that ferret math overtake you!  LOL
Bless you.