From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:06:09 -0400
Over the past week I have made several posts of the West Virginia
rescue ferrets. They are doing first rate and really fit in well here.
Peekaboo came to 'visit' with me last night after I went to bed. Was
a most beautiful feeling to have her walk up and down my body as I lay
in bed. Love it!

Quite a few e-mailed me commenting on how happy they were that I got
them. But one person wrote to say because of my posts she had decided
to go to a shelter to get a fert as opposed to a breeder. She had heard
so many horror stories of ferts in shelters she really did not realize
the shelter kids are actually a best bet for getting a ferret.

When one comes to a shelter the personality and health of the animal is
well known. Not only is the shelter well advised of behavior but also
knowledgeable of health and can see symptoms a store clerk will not
see. But over all the personality will be well known to the shelter. A
kit you get what you get. It may be a biter or could be something you
really cannot tolerate and one won't know until it grows some. But a
shelter will know where the animal will have grown and true personality
will be quite evident.

As to the two I just got, I had no idea what their demeanor was when
I said I would take them. They did tell me they were sweet but had no
idea how sweet they really were. As is, the sugar crops world wide can
take lessons from these two on sweetness.

The FML was most instrumental in all this education process, and again
I thank BIG for his work and saving yet one more shelter kid.

Gordon, Peekaboo and Anxious

Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia 23111