From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:47:45 +0100
Now this is exactly why I rarely contribute to this list. I note that
one of the flames posted refers to "dogs". seems in the haste to mount
a soap-box someone didn't stop to think there is only one dog, that has
been in place for a very long time and up till now has proven totally
trustworthy with Fuzzy's. I have an issue with a recent post.

>getting another ferret who's fate is threatened to an almost certain
>horrible death especially being a young ferret who's excitement for
>life may cause it's death"

Lets see now, IIRC it was Switch that was lost under totally different
circumstances to a dog OUTSIDE of the family home, an incident
involving a dog unconnected with the family. I hope that you NEVER
have the misfortune to have fate bite you in the same way! We all know
ferrets can and will get out any way they can.. and this is what
happened with Switch. In fact one of my own is only here because she
went exploring and tried to cross the road in front of a member of my
family who knew she shouldn't be wandering the streets - no one ever
claimed her.. and she lives here now as part of the furkid3, but she
still retains that curiosity about the whole world that ferrets have.

I have a dog, a big gentle stupid dog, I trust him with the weezils
totally, the cats are a different matter, I doubt they would hurt them,
but one is very highly strung and has in the past run for his life
when confronted by a war-dancing fuzzy at playtime, due to his obvious
"ferret terror" I keep them separate as far as I am able, but ferrets
are not the only ones with an inquisitiveness about the world and other
animals. So cut some slack here huh? I'm sure that Alex and Dann felt
that their own dog posed no threat in the home, indeed why should they,
as do I given the fact that my pooch has been here 7 years now and has
never displayed any signs of aggression to any living thing, not even
when provoked. I am certain that they have now taken steps to ensure
any risk is minimised, but in the REAL world, nothing is risk free.

The red flag I have is for someone who seems to be a little judgemental
and happy to twist past situations to suit their own agenda. I hope
you can see past your self-righteousness and realise how spiteful your
post looks. The loss of any of my fur family affects me for weeks
afterwards, you could/should have expressed any concerns you may have
a little more sensitively maybe?

Just My Opinon.... YMMV

Cris (& unkie Lee - reserve hooman)
 & the kidz -
"Chunky" (Lumpychunks)
Princess Lily (Special Baby)
 & Ollie (Pimpfuzzy)
Remembering those who stole pieces of my heart

Custard (Cussieangelweezil) my gentle little joker and daddies
snuggleferret Bubbles, (Da Warweezil) first ferret par excellence
and leader of the furkidz
Skweek (Skweekyweezil) daddies litle earwashing girl and all round
little madam
Rhoobarb (Biteyweezil) Who never quite mastered the concept of love
bites.

Called away from this world to dance with the angels at the rainbow
bridge