From:
Trudy Wallach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:03:36 -0500
I have a friend who needs some help - no, really, it is a friend!!
Anyway, she took in 3 ferrets from a lady down the block who wasn't
taking good care of them.  Since they have come to her, about a month
ago, they have settled in very well with her other ferrets.  Over the
past week or so, one of the ferrets has started to vomit several times
a day - very watery and smells like bile.  However, right after, she
eats and drinks normally.  She isn't showing any other signs of illness -
she is playing normally and pooping normally, so I would doubt it is a
blockage.  Anyone have any ideas of what may be going on as her vet isn't
very ferret knowledgeable and might put her through hundreds of dollars
of testing to figure this out?  Thanks for your help!

TJ
Trudy Jo Wallach
Shelter Operator and Foster Network Coordinator
Massachusetts Ferret Friends Shelter & Rescue