From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 13:45:17 -0400
>But, I received a few dirty looks when our non-ferret-knowledgeable (for
>lack of a better word) relatives took a peak at our little ones.  I was/am
>deeply hurt.
>
>My fiancee says that their ignorance is their loss -- they'll never know
>the love and bouncy antics that come from owning a fuzzy.  But I still
>feel bad.  Am I over reacting?  Has anyone else encountered such a
>situation?

Dear RO,

Welcome to the world!  There are people in our world who will disapprove
(or worse) of your skin color, your religion, your choice of clothing and
jewelry, what you eat, the music you listen to, and, yes, even your choice
of pets.  The best thing to do is just be yourself and try not to let it
bother you, because you can't change other people.

Stepping down off the soap box...

Nancy and critters