From:
Debi Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 18:03:06 -0700
Patty

Ferrets First Shelters age minimun is 4 to 6... and that is determined by
a required in home interview.  Other than that, the listed policies were
actually a little more lenient than ours.

We do two in-home visits.  The second visit is to double check on whatever
ferret proofing was determined necessary at the first visit has been
accomplished in an actual ferret proof manner.

Having a recliner is almost always a disqualification.  Or hunting breed
indoor dogs.  Apartment dwellers must obtain a signed release from the
management.

Each case is considered individually, because all families are different.
It takes longer, but it's proven worthwhile.

Our adoption/recieving ratio is fairly even, with as many going out that
come in.

Debi Christy