From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:41:38 -0500
As read in Cliffnotes, a publication that documents the fight to
legalize ferrets in California, a Northern California girl mentioned
she had a ferret in class and animal control showed up at her house
and confiscated her ferret. They claimed it was unsafe to keep and
said they would find a home for it within 30 days.

If any rescues do know where this ferret ended up, please contact

Also - we need your help on this issue. California has an EIR in the
works - thank you Legalize Ferrets for this - but even with this work,
the few ferret stories of ferrets eating babies and destroying wildlife
will always overshadow the fact ferrets are safe. Numbers of dogs/cats
inflicting injuries on people is staggering compared to anything
ferrets do, yet ferret owners are always given the "facts" that ferrets
are horrible animals.

We need your help. Anyone who can shoot video of their ferrets playing,
kissing, loving, being good, honest to goodness ferrets - please start
shooting, and either contact [log in to unmask] about
putting the videos on Youtube under our account (I will give details
on how)....there are so few good ferret videos but we would like to
consolidate them so there are just thousands and thousands of videos
where people will have no choice but to see that these are normal pets
with no vicious qualities, not any more than the random mean cat or
dog.

If you can help, or even send photos - please contact us so we can use
them in collages set to music....and if you or someone you know is in
California, and would like to have your story of your ferret being
confiscated made into a video - let us know....we will do so. We need
our stories told, but this request is also being made to all ferret
owners across the US and the world....

[SS]