Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 20:23:32 EDT
Hello everyone,

AB 854 came out of the suspense file today and, in the chairwoman's
(Assemblymember Carole Migden) words "passed by unanimous bipartisan
support".

If your State Assemblymember is on the Appropriations Committee please
write a short thank you note to him or her for their YES vote.  Thank you's
are often forgotten and really are important.  Also, please thank the
chairwoman (Assemblymember Carole Migden) for her support and for the very
fair analysis that came from her committee.

Now, our bill will definitely be voted on by the entire Assembly on or
before June 4th.  So, if you haven't contacted your Assemblymember yet
because you are new to this issue, or, because your Assemblymember was not
on either the Water, Parks and Wildlife Committee, or the Appropriations
Committee, please do so immediately.

You can find out who represents you in the State Capitol by visiting our
web page at http://www.ferretnews.org and going to the Know your Local CA
Representatives.  Enter your zip code and there you go!

If you want to receive our Ferret Fact Sheet, Ferret Legalization FAQ, and
the name and address of your State Senator (we will be in the Senate
shortly!!) simply e-mail me your mailing address and I'll send you one.

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization (CFL)
410 Mountain Home Road  Woodside, CA  94062
http://www.ferretnews.org-- CFL Website
For pure ferret fun, check out http://www.ferretcompany.com
or e-mail your address to <[log in to unmask]> for a free Ferret
Company Catalog.