From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 08:29:13 EDT
>From:    "Suzanna C. Donahue" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: distemper in ferrets
>I'm just wondering, how many of you have seen ferrets with distemper?  Is
>it really rampant?

I have seen four ferrets with distemper.  All four died painfully and
horribly.

>Is it really rampant?

Not really sure what it is exactly that you are trying to ask.  Does
distemper exist?  Yes, it certainly does and can be deadly.  It is a
horrible way for a ferret to die.  Or, are you trying to ask if distemper
is a raging epidemic?  No, thankfully it is not at the present time in
most places.  Or, is the question at hand whether or not to take the risk
and save a few dollars by not getting the distemper vaccine?  Get the
ferrets vaccinated.  It is the responsible thing to do.

FSG