From:
Rebecca Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 1996 21:20:41 +0100
Hello everyone,
Jitterbug seems VERY sick now.  She hasn't gone poop at all today and when
she peed in her litterbox she only came half way out and lay there.  The
airconditioning has been on in the van the whole time, but their cage is on
the floor and the van is old and very packed.  So I don't think they have
been as cool as I would have liked.  Her stools are more greenish brown very
loose and very little.  She hasn't been eating so good the last 5 hours
either.  No vomiting or grinding teeth that I can tell (I have never seen a
ferret grind teeth).  She was extremely dehydrated.  I forced a lot of
pedialyte down her (about 4 syringes full at first and then 2 every hour or
so) and she seemed better at first, but now she seems bloated and very
lethargic.  I am very very scared that she is going to die.  I'm in Houston
now ,but since it is a Sunday night there doesn't seem to be anything I can
do immediately.  I have a question on the pedialyte (it's generic) it says
they also have lactose free pedialyte, is that what I should be giving her?
I know they can't drink milk and now I'm worried that the lactose in the
pedialyte is bad for her.

Please e-mail me A.S.A.P., if you have the name of a good vet in Houston
(she may need surgery - I'm thinking she has a blockage)as I'm scared
sh**less.

Also, I'm a big believer in the power of prayer so if you could all mention
Jitterbug in your prayers it would mean a lot to me.

 Thanks for everything

     Rebecca