Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:04:22 -0400
Hello to all! Well, it is official. There truly WAS a ferret who, being
the good little ferret citizen he is, that tried to join Station #1, in
Corrales New Mexico, as a volunteer fire fighter. He casually waltzed
into the firestation, took a look around, and decided that he wanted
to ride in the Big Red Trucks with water!!!! Unfortunately, the state
of New Mexico has a few rules that Theo didn't know about.

*Theo is the name of a firefighting friend - human - we know - seemed
only fitting to give that name to this little guy. Anyhow, some of the
rules our fire guys out here must follow: Must be at least over the age
of 18. Must be at least 5 foot "somethin". Must be able to hold water
hose using more than just four paws. Must be able to drive the truck,
and most importantly: Must be HOOMAN. Man - Theo was bummed upon
learning that one.

In all seriousness though - Ramona - thank you for referring this
little guy to us. I went to pick him up the other day and found him
surrounded by his firefighting buddies. He was being cared for (and
spoiled badly) by the brave men of Station #1 in Corrales. He is about
7 months old, and is a light sable. Kinda reminds me of Ricky, which
is good. He is a mellow, laid back little fella - who immediately
got along with ALL the kids in this house, which was pretty amazing,
considering the "eclectic" group we have here. He was immediately
"submissive" to em all - which made them AND him happy! My two groups
have to be let out in shifts, due to them not all getting along.
Theo - gets along with BOTH groups and is happily integrated and plays
with both groups. It is wonderful. We got him his own little Tonka
firetruck - and yes, he DOES like it! We did have to explain to him
that he couldn't be a fire fighter though. He agreed with us and asked
for permission to go to school to become a paramedic.........*sigh*.
What ferret wants, ferret gets.......*hehehehe*.

Please join me in welcoming Theo-apolus to Kim and her Army of Idiots
in ABQ!!!!

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, and not greedy for what
I want.....