From:
Patricia Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 1996 09:28:31 -0500
hey you all out there in ferret land!  my ferret (an albino named whitey)
woke me up this morning with a hacking/choking sound when it happened
before, i took her to the vet and she said she had swollen something or
other and gave her some antibiotics which i am not sure she even needed you
see, i have only had whitey for 8 mos now-- in other words, we have yet to
live through a spring together...

could it be that she has allergies (i do)?  or do you think she's just
dislodging a hairball from her throat or something?  or do you think it's
possible that she knows that this sound scares me and that i will
subsequently get up and take her out of her cage-- even if it's 5:45 in the
morning?  because of course that is what i do until i notice that for some
reason or another she has stopped and i can go back to sleep myself (it's
too bad i can't let her spend the night outside of her cage, but i can't -
she's too kooky)

o and another quick question-- with the weather getting nice i have the urge
to take her for a walk in the park or something however, unfortunately, she
refuses to keep a collar on she slinks out of it without fail and i feel
like i have tried them all (at least 8 diff't types/sizes including the ones
meant for those green scary-looking reptilic animals whose name escapes me
at this moment) do you think it's more of a "discipline" issue than anything
else?  any suggestions?

you can email me at:     [log in to unmask]

thank you
whitey's mommy