From:
Melanie Swider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 15:21:02 EDT
Since introducing myself last week, things have really picked up around
here!  I have gotten in 3 more rescues and have 9 more that are needing
placed.  These aren't even here yet!  I can't believe in just a couple of
weeks that 12 ferrets are being abandoned!  I understand some things happen,
but I try really hard to bite my tongue and just get these fuzzies to a
well-cared for place.

I will be going to 3 shows this fall in hopes of placing some of these
sweethearts.  I have no idea how many more will be surrendered before then.
If any of you on this list are in need of Ferret Math, please consider
taking a baby from a shelter.

yes, there are lots of ferrets in my house.  Yes, it's overwhelming at
times.  But would I say no to anyone?  How can I?  I can't say no to a
sweet faced little creature who doesn't ask for anything except love and
security.  (Maybe a few treats)

I also beg of you who are considering being a first time ferret owner....
PLEASE try to make sure this is something you can take care of for the next
8 years(give or take).  I know life hands us unpleasant surprises, but you
wouldn't give up your human children would you?

OK, getting off my soap box now.

Thanks
Melanie
The FuzzButt Hut