From:
Debi Rodvelt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 21:39:26 -0500
I recently moved into Kansas City and had to have my first trip to
the new vet be for cremation services.  He charged $140 for a private
cremation, which was actually contracted out to a pet cemetery near
here.  There is no difference for animals of different sizes.

However, I told a friend of mine how much it cost and she said that a
different vet had only charged $75 for her Siberian Husky to be privately
cremated.....and you guessed it.....through the same pet cemetery.

The vet I went to charged double for his part in making the phone call.
I won't be taking my babies back to someone who is willing to make such
a huge profit from my grief.

My advice is to ask about these services well in advance of needing them.

Debi