From:
"S.Hewett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:54:17 +0800
Shron wrote:
>Hi Everyone!  Rocky loves raw chicken and egg yolk, and chicken gravy
>and would eat it all the time if I gave it to him.  What can I give him
>that would be more nutritionally complete?  Chicken wings?  Do I have
>to chop it up?

I guess there's no need for me to tell you how delighted I am!  Yes,
chicken wings would be great.  Just divide them at the joints and let
him really gnaw and chew at them.  He will be able to eat the smaller
bones as well (QUITE SAFELY) which contain valuable minerals and will be
excellent for his teeth.  The chewing action is also excellent for his
teeth.  If you can get some chicken livers from the same supplier, keep
them frozen, and just thaw one occasionally for Rocky, give it to him
whole and he will probably love that too.

Theres no need for the chicken gravy if he is eating chicken flesh, bone
& occasional offal.  Egg yolk is great as well!

I love the way that even senior ferrets can be taught to love a natural
diet!

As far as the risk of salmonella, I drive in my car most days and the
risk of me having an accident is great, but I still do it.  The risk
of salmonella poisoning for Rocky is infinitesimal.

Love & Dooks,
Shirley