From:
Manfred Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 09:58:24 -0500
I've basically been a lurker on this list for about two years now but
finally feel that I have to offer my opinion on a specific topic.  As we all
know, ferrets are illegal in California at the present time and will likely
continue to be so for the forseeable future.

Every week we read posts from someone living there, requesting info on how
to smuggle a fert into the state.  And out of all the members subscribing to
the list, there is always someone quite willing to provide this information.

My question is: If we all love ferrets and want only the best for them; why
are we providing information and advocating the ownership of ferrets in an
area of the country by people that have to break the law and then whine (
and it is whining ) about the fact that they can't take their fuzz-butts
outside without the threat of having them confiscated and either shipped out
of state or killed?

Personally I feel that people that want ferrets in California, or any other
ferret free zone should be working first to change the laws in those areas
and then discovering the joys of fert ownership.

Manfred Fischer, three ferts, three Yorkies and two cats.