From:
Chessum Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 02:16:46 +1200
As much as I appreciate the support we are getting from many people, I'm
not convinced that foreigners writing to NZ politicians or newspapers
threatening boycotts of NZ products would actually help the situation.
This is election year, and standing up to what could be percieved as
attempts by outsiders to influence our domestic affairs is the sort of
thing that makes politicians wanting to be re-elected popular.

For those who are keen to help, I suggest that you look at the Minister's
press release at
http://www.doc.govt.nz/Whats-New/Issues/Ferret-Breeding-and-Sales-Banned.asp

If you have access to reputable sources which contradict or clarify any
of the issues covered in that release, then please let us know at

Regards

John Chessum
Legal Affairs Officer
New Zealand Ferret Protection and Welfare Society Incorporated