Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 16:53:48 +0800
>Hello everyone I am seeking donations to help a little boy all alone at
>Petco near my home he has no other ferrets and when I was there today
>and played with him for a few minutes he didn't want to go back into
>the cage. The Ransom as I call it is US$99.99 if just 50 people donate
>US$2.00 each I'll be able to give this little furkid a good and loving
>home.

Is this a joke?  I'm hoping this was written just to stir people up (and
if so, well done mission accomplished!)

If not, I ask: what makes you think this little boy is better off with
you, than in the pet store?

Giving an animal a good home means providing everything that animal needs
(physically, emotionally & financially), not just love.

If you cannot afford to buy (or choose not to pay for - I'm not sure
which is worse) this boy, how do you plan on paying for his almost
inevitable vet bills?

I would leave him in the pet store and give him the chance to be bought
by someone who can provide all 3 needs.

shona