From:
Louie & Candy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 14:16:16 -0500
I stopped to talk with a gentlemen I know here in town he runs a feed store
and I get some things from him.  Anyway he calls me the ferret lady.  He
has never seen a real ferret until I started coming in.  Any way he is
really quite taken by my little fuzzies and all animals.  He opened his
store years ago not so much to make money but to help people out when they
are short on cash,cuz pets do not understand why they do not get food but
the people do.  He helps others out when they can not buy food right now he
will let them charge it until they can buy their bill.  Well this AM when
he opened his doors for business he found a cute little puppy at his door,
cold hungry and wet, we got some snow last night with bad winds.  Well the
little guy just came in and made himself to home.  The gentlemen said to me
this morning that we as the smartest animals on earth are really the worst.
We not only dump that of which is of a different species but we also dump
our own.  He truly is a wonderful man and he really loves animals.  The
reason I am telling you this story is because we as humans really ought to
take in consideration that of the animal that we may buy.  Is it going to
end up on someone's door step next week.  I know all of here would never do
that to our little fuzzies, but so many end up that way.  I know that I
have taken in several fuzzies and found them homes, I am not a shelter.  So
to all of you out there that run shelters my hat is off to you.  Oh yeah
the puppy will be staying with Pops as we all love to call him.

Candy & The 6 Pillow Piranhas