From:
"Charlee M. Poehlman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 10:11:11 -0400
I've seen quite a few posts regarding Frontine & Advantage on the FML.  I
asked my vet about these for my fuzzbuts, and they recommended using either
flea powder or a flea bath shampoo for cats because "Frontine & Advantage
are not approved for use on ferrets".  I was not going to argue.  I use
Hartz One Spot for my dog, which works very well, and it costs a lot less.
Has anyone used Hartz One Spot for Cats & Kittens on their ferrets?  My
Cosmo did not have any fleas, at all.  Then we got Hailee a month ago, and
she has fleas.  We're not sure if she got them while at the pet store, or
from the breeder, but she has them.  We want to catch them before they get
too bad, especially with the warm weather coming.  Any suggestions,
comments or questions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Harlee, Cosmo & Hailee

[Moderator's note: Flea powders and shampoos are not approved for use in
ferrets either.  One might say approval is not needed since some flea
powders and baths are not prescription products, but note that Frontline
and Advantage are also not prescription products!  They are sold mostly
via DVMs due to their manufacturers' policy, not law.  BIG]