From:
JLThomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 21:57:55 -0500
I enjoyed the stories about ferrets stashing their rations.  My son had a
ferret named Banjo who would go wild over his wife's home made cookies.
So did my son, but he didn't stash his.  Banjo would carry a cookie from
place to place hiding it from the other ferrets.  One day Banjo got out
and couldn't be found.  A few days later the city police called and said a
ferret had shown up on someone's back porch, and would he go look at it.
This ferret was so skinny and bedraggled they weren't sure it was Banjo but
he was a ferret in distress so they took him home.  The first thing he did
was drink a lot of water, the second thing was check his stash and come out
with a cookie.  So they knew it was Banjo, home at last.