From:
Erin Hoye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:14:25 +0930
Of all the toys I have bought for my two boys, their favourite is a thick
plastic shopping bag the toys came in.  SIGH!  Just like children, you
spend days picking the perfect present and they spend all Christmas
morning playing with the wrapping paper.

My boys love to run in and out and in and out of the bag, pounce on the
bag, take turns pouncing on each other in the bag, drag the bag around.
They never chew or try to eat the bag, because then I would take it away.
When they have exhausted all these options they sit in the bag and give
me 'THE LOOK'.  "Mum, come rustle the bag for us!"  This sends them into
a dooking frenzy, often they can't decide wether to pounce on the bag or
my hand, and they often change their mind mid leap, with rather amusing
consequences.

They love their bag so much that I bought them a plastic tarp.  This
almost sent them into fun overload.  The tarp had to be confiscated
though, it was just too loud and they kept going to sleep in it.  Trust
me a ferret does not smell so sweet when he's been sleeping in a plastic
cocoon.

As the bag is a 'under supervision only toy' they have a few back ups.
Tunnels are fun, but not as much fun as stealing Mummy s shoes, only the
right one mind you, the left shoe is safe from them.  They have their
own shoes to drag around from one cunning hiding spot to the next, but
there's apparently nothing quite like nicking a fresh one.

Fuzzy love
Erin with permission from George and Rusty ferret