Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:14:08 -0500
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that their ferret's whiskers on
their face are in perfect rows?! I have had ferrets for over 15 years
and have just never looked that close I guess...and just assumed they
were random. All three of my ferrets have 4 perfectly parallel rows
of whiskers on each side of their nose. One ferret has the top row
pointing more at his eye and is shorter then the other rows. I was
wondering if everyone else's ferrets had the same whisker
configuration? I searched the archives and did not find any info on
such an obscure subject. :-) I guess I am interested just out of sheer
curiosity and because I am interested in ferret genetic inheritance
patterns (many times phenotypic traits can be a measure of other
traits...like how many of the ferrets that have the blaze stripe on
their head are also deaf).

Pam and the 3 fuzzbutts