From:
zoosferretsanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:30:09 -0600
Sue, each shelter`s situation is different. Needs can shift, over time.
A year ago, nearly every piece of bedding here was threadbare. The only
stuff still in good shape, was Diane Iverson`s blanky hammies (and they
wear like iron!!!) When we were blessed enough to receive a sizeable
donation, we put in a massive order with Rose German (who did a
terriffic job!) and I also began to sew a bit, replacing some items,
piece by piece. At this point, we are golden with bedding. We have even
sent some to help other shelters! Some shelter ops are able to craft
their own bedding, or have a volunteer who does it well. Others have a
GREAT need for bedding--and bedding would be the perfect gift.

Whether the shelter is feeding 17 or 70, quality food is always a
must. Many Santas don`t know that shelters get a discount on their
purchases -- so if you power up a food account by $5 or $10, or send a
Ferret Depot gift card to the shelter, your money will go further, when
the shelter op redeems it. To some, this may seem cold & impersonal,
but in this economy, it just makes sense, somehow...Wouldn`t you want
to give more "bang for your bucks" to the ferret(s) ???

We are friends with shelters all over the United States, and a common
woe right now, is the vet bill. I posted quite recently, myself, about
the influx of older, ill, ferrets, and several requiring immediate
emergency surgery. We are not alone. I saw a post here, only yesterday,
where a shelter mom was asking for help with the vet bills.

By powering up a food account, or sending a few dollars to the vet, or
sending a Ferret Depot gift card etc. you will be certain that your
gift went TO THE FUZZY(s).

Of course, the ideal gift would be some "hands-on" help with some of
the daily, nasty, back-breaking chores we all do---but we all realize
most of you live too far away for that :(

It might be wise to check with the shelter you choose to help, and ask
what they need the most. Needs will vary among shelters--and needs will
shift, with time. Just ask the shelter mom or dad what they need most
for their little ones.

THEN--- This Christmas, because of you, a little fuzzy somewhere will
be snuggling down in its warm, cozy bedding, if that was the need. Will
be happily crunching on its kibble, or its Christmas mouse, if that was
the need. Will receive a life-saving surgery, if that was the need.
Will be batting its new Christmas toy across the floor--or quietly
lapping up Carnivore Care. WHATEVER the need is---you can make a
difference---even from Australia.

Bless you for helping the fuzzies!

Love,
Zoo