From:
"Oden, Shelley M" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:13:36 +0000
We had a "free the weasel" party tonight and turned the weasel loose
tonight.  The Kansas Fish & Game wanted it turned loose away from humans.
If anyone thinks that ferrets are mean, they should observe a wild weasel
then observe a ferret.  I was in awe of the strength and intensity of this
little animal.  Even our ferrets that were a little on the bitey side when
we got them were not as intense as this one little animal.  We fed it for
one last time and gave it a little ferretone.  The area was heavily treed
and close to a field where mice would be plentiful.  We were wishing it
would want to stay but when we got out in the air, we could tell it was
anxious to get free.  It ate real well for the three days it was here.  It's
hard to believe that something that small could be full grown.  Our ferrets
all had different reactions to it.  Some wanted to sit outside of it's cage
and watch it, some didn't want to be anywhere near it and a large number of
the crew just ignored it.

Anyway, thank you to all who were concerned and helped me figure out what
we had.

Shelley Oden